Friday, April 29, 2011

Decorate your own crockery

I have been using Pebeo Porcelain Paint Markers for years mainly to decorate goose, hen and ostrich eggs for Easter. You can see some of my Easter Eggs from previous years on this blog. Last week I decided to give the Porcelain Markers a go on actual crockery. I love the result of these two jugs. Pebeo Porcelain Paint markers are available from just about any decent art supply shop such as Oxford Art Supplies or Eckersleys. They are so easy to use, you just paint your designs on then bake the crockery in the oven for 35 minutes at 150 degeres celcius.

The jugs you see below were plain and I added the red designs onto both of them. The taller one with the yellow stripe on the edge is a cheapy from Ikea and the other one is an antique clay jug which I picked up years ago from one of those antique shops in the country.







1 comment:

Alex said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for an inspiring post!